Hotwire Developer Network Forums

API Forum

RSS Feed

Hotel Deals API

• morgan
    • Topic created 4 years ago

We are doing a hotel request such as :

http://api.hotwire.com/v1/deal/hotel?apikey=mykey&limit=1&format=json&sort=price&dest=48.858,2.294&starrating=4~*

The resultant search does not really respect the star-rating. Many of the results in this search ,for example, are 2 and 3 star hotels.

Looking for any guidance on this problem. Known API defect? , Search params not correct?

Thanks in advance

-Morgan

Message edited by morgan 4 years ago

1. Seth Strumph4 years ago

Hi Morgan-

I'm unable to reproduce the behavior you're seeing. I consistently see only 4 star hotels using your parameters (substituting a valid developer key, and using a much higher limit just to be sure).

Can you confirm that you're URL-encoding the request string? Since you're using a lat-lon pair to specify a destination, I believe you'll always need to URLEncode, due to the presence of the lat-lon separating comma.

2. morgan4 years ago

Seth, Thank you for your reply. I have been caught up working on some other problems til today. I tried URL encoding but I still get embedded 3 and 3.5 star results. In order to take the test outside of our application, I run the above URL via curl at the command line to get the search request url. I then paste this url into a browser to get the actual list of results. How are you verifying the url? SInce you are indicating that you do not get the embedded lower star hotels, I would like to figure out what I am doing wrong.

3. Seth Strumph4 years ago

Hi Morgan-

I think I see where we have a disconnect.

You're correct in that the links returned by the Deals URL - the links that can be used to direct a user to the Hotwire web site - will land on results pages that contain hotels of all available star ratings. We find that users who reach us based on a given offer often find value in the alternatives that exist in the extended result set.

[ Page 1 of 1 ]